Friday 24 May – Friday 31 May 2024
Prices: from £2,420
the Red Sea is a dream SWIMMING HOLIDAY DESTINATIONBoasting more species of fish than any other proportional body of water. join us onboard Asmaa for the most colourful swimming holiday you've ever had...
THE LIVEABOARD EXPERIENCEThis tour has been designed as a live-aboard to give us the best possible access to the swimming spots in the Red Sea. Your home for the week will be the Marine Yacht Emperor Asmaa. This vessel will be our ‘hotel’ for the week, and in addition we will be accompanied by two safety RIBs. We cap capacity at 14 swimmers to ensure we provide the most comfortable liveaboard experience. Emperor Asmaa is a 30m custom built liveaboard. All rooms are equipped with en suite bathrooms, mini bars and towels. Upper deck cabins have large windows with views over the ocean. Decorated in contemporary style, the boat has an air conditioned salon and bar area, and a sundeck with loungers for sun bathing, kicking back or sunrise yoga. Click on the ‘accommodation’ tab for more information and pictures.
- Duration: 8 days / 7 nights
- Sea temperature: approx. 22oC
- Daily swimming distance: starting around 2km, building up to 4-5km towards the end of the week (tailored to the ability of each individual) - let us know if you'd prefer to swim more or less
- Swimming ability: confident swimming in open water
- Are non-swimmers welcome? Yes, Asmaa is a spacious live aboard and non-swimming guests can enjoy relaxing and soaking up this incredible part of the world too. We do not completely fill the boat to ensure there is enough space for guests to enjoy the liveaboard experience.
- Accommodation on the liveaboard MV Emperor Asmaa in a twin share cabin (sole cabin use available for a £450pp supplement)
- Full swimming itinerary
- Marine Park fees
- Port departure fees
- One-to-one swim coaching and video analysis
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Red wine, a soft drink or beer with evening meals
- Afternoon snacks
- Unlimited drinking water, tea and coffee
- Safety boats
- Swim guides and an eight-strong boat crew
- Snorkling equipment
- Swim feeds and wet boat refreshments
- Transfers to and from Emperor Asmaa from Hurghada airport
- Government taxes and bed tax
- ABTOT Financial Protection
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flights to Hurghada or additional onward transfers
- On board extras
- Purchase of any alcohol / soft drinks outside of those provided with dinners
- Single room supplement of £450 (if you wish to stay in a room of your own - see ‘accommodation’ tab)
- Upper deck room upgrade £200pp
- Cost of a scuba dive (available on a set day during the trip, for PADI certified divers only) c. £80
SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS / CABIN UPGRADESIf you wish to book your own, private cabin, cabins for sole use are charged at the normal rate + £450 single supplement. Otherwise, bookings are based on a twin share basis.
- Lower Deck room share £2,420 (May)
- Upper Deck room share £2,520 (May)
EMPEROR ASMAAThis tour has been designed as a live-aboard to give us the best possible access to the swimming spots in the Red Sea. Your home for the week will be the Marine Yacht Emperor Asmaa. This vessel will be our ‘hotel’ for the week, and in addition we will be accompanied by a wet boat and a safety RIB. Emperor Asmaa is a 30m custom built liveaboard. All rooms are equipped with en suite bathrooms, mini bars and towels. Upper deck cabins have large windows with views over the ocean. Decorated in contemporary style, the boat has an air conditioned salon and bar area, and a sundeck with loungers for sun bathing, kicking back or sunrise yoga.
LOWER DECK TWINLower deck twin cabins measure between approx. 7 to 9sqm with port holes, two single beds and individually controlled air con. Ensuite bathroom with shower and 2 cabin towels per guest. Hairdryers available, on request.
UPPER DECK TWINUpper deck twin cabins are approx. 9sqm with large windows, two single beds and individually controlled air con. Ensuite bathroom with shower and 2 cabin towels per guest. Hairdryers available, on request.
PRICESMay 2024 Trip Prices
- Lower Deck Twin Share (£2420)
- Lower Deck Sole Use (£2870)
- Upper Deck Twin Share (£2520)
- Upper Deck Sole Use (£2970)
ITINERARYN.B. There are two planned swims per day based on how you progress during the week. Please realise that what we have detailed below is only a rough guide to the week and that we will adapt the week carefully for each individual and the weather conditions. All swim activities are planned with safety as the paramount concern. Open water swimming is always governed by tides and weather; so planned swims may need to be changed, depending on the conditions at the time. Swim guides will advise you each day on what is best for you, but in all cases guides will encourage you to achieve your personal goals in safe conditions.
day 1 (trip starts at 6pm)On landing in Hurghada, you will be transferred to Hurghada jetty where Emperor Asmaa will be waiting for you to board. A transfer from the airport to the boat will run at 18:00 on the first day, and is free of charge. Once everyone is on board and settled in, we will assemble in the ship’s lounge for the safety briefing.
In the early hours, the ship’s anchor will be lifted and we will cruise towards our first swim spot whilst you enjoy the view and have breakfast. After breakfast, a beautifully shallow circumnavigation of Jazirat Umm Ajawish al Kubra Island (approx. 1km – 1.5km). Whilst you kick back and enjoy lunch, the boat will venture further north towards ‘Paradise Island’ where we will swim along the east coastline (approx. 2km) finishing at Mahmya Bay.
In the morning, we will travel to the famous horseshoe shaped reef of Shaab El Erg - a beautiful hard coral garden. If we keep our fingers and toes crossed - we may even be lucky enough to spot some dolphins. We will base ourselves here for the day with the opportunity to snorkel / explore in the afternoon before returning to the boat.
In the morning we have the opportunity to swim around the beautiful Siyul Saghira reef before we travel north to Jazirat Jubal or Jubal Saghira (where our boat will moor) for our second, slightly longer swim.
We will travel across the Gulf of Suez to Shaab Mahmoud – where we will swim along an extensive reef. If visibility is good, keep an eye out for the SS Dunraven. In the afternoon, after a relaxing lunch on board - we will complete a beautiful swim around one of the area's stunning reefs.
After breakfast we will head towards Ras Mohamed, one of the best kept National Parks in Egypt - and one of the most famous diving sites in the world. Our first swim of the day will be a 2-3km swim, and after lunch there will be an opportunity for a relaxed ‘snorkel swim’ or PADI Discover Scuba Diving (small extra charge) with an instructor in Marsa Baraieka. We will move south to the Safaga area overnight.
In the morning, we have the opportunity to swim around one of the most beautiful reefs in the area before we travel north to Abu Hashesh (in the Sahl Hashesh area) - a small islet, where we will complete our second swim of the day, a circumnavigation. Once back on Asmaa, we will begin to head north again for our final dinner and night onboard.
DAY 8 (check out 9am)One final breakfast on board before saying goodbye to the crew, and a short boat ride back to the port for your transfer back to the airport.
Please note, check out is at 9am on the final day to allow the boat staff to turn the boat over ready for the next week. There will be a group transfer back to Hurghada airport at 9.30am.
getting thereGuest are advised to fly to Hurghada airport. You may wish to check flight prices and timings via www.skyscanner.net before booking.
TRIP START TIME - 6PM
meet a represENtativeGuests arriving on check-in day will be met by a representative, who will then transfer you to the port where Asmaa will be waiting.
transfers to your liveaboardA transfer from the airport to the boat will be at 18:00 on the first day, and is included in your trip price - this takes approximately 20 minutes by car. If you need a transfer after this time, this is possible and is paid locally. The cost of this depends on the number of passengers, but as an idea, a transfer for 1 or 2 people will cost 12 Euros. If there are more passengers, a larger vehicle will be required and so the price will change slightly.
Please note that should separate flights arrive within a short time of each other, you may be requested to wait until all the guests have arrived before departure. This prevents unnecessary journeys to and from the airport. If you are already in Egypt you should contact us for transfer details.
The boat moors near Hurghada and departs early on the morning following the check-in day.
check outCheck out is at 9am on the last day of the cruise, with a transfer back to the airport for the whole group at 9:30am. For guests continuing their holiday in the Red Sea at a resort, hotel or another liveaboard, your on-going transfers need to be arranged by you from the airport. We will not be able to arrange direct transfers from the liveaboard to resorts.
What do I pack?
- At least 2 x swimming costumes
- Lightweight skin suit or rash vest for sun protection - we also recommend shorts to protect the back of your legs
- 2 x pairs of swim goggles – one clear and one tinted
- Tow float (required) - if you haven’t got one yet, you can find a great range from Swim Secure HERE and receive 15% off with code: 15SwimQuest23
- Small daypack/rucksack to use for your personal equipment/clothing during the day (although you will receive a 10 litre SwimQuest dry bag)
- Flip flops or similar, suitable for getting wet + for island visits
- Insect repellent (lemon based non-deet repellents are good)
- Fleece or warm jumper
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun hat, sun cream (SPF 50 recommended) and glasses
- Ear plugs
- Snorkel, mask + fins (optional - boat can provide these)
- USB stick for photos / videos (optional)
- Insurance details (you will need to show these to your guides at the safety briefing)
- Emperor Asmaa is a no shoe boat, so shoes/flip flops are only required on arrival and for island visits
- Shower and swim/beach towels will be provided by the boatN.B. Evenings – there is no formal dress order on board, but we would appreciate smart casual clothing for dinner
READY TO BOOK?We’re excited about meeting you on tour. To book your swimming holiday, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Sarah (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements. A deposit of 30% is required to secure your place, and the final payment is due 10 weeks prior to departure.
PAYMENTPayments can be made by debit / credit card, or by bank transfer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSIn booking with us, you accept our terms and conditions, which can be found here.
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP BOOKING?If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us
- Sarah Broadley | +44 7917 033670 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlie Beere | +44 7563 389238 | email@example.com
- Alice Todd | +44 7825 301443 | firstname.lastname@example.org