2021 dates: 24-27 September (10 places left)
Price: from £860pp
swim in jersey's most spectacular beaches, coves and bays, enjoy stunning accommodation with sea views and let us whisk you across to france for dinner.
ABOUT JERSEYJersey is an open water swimmer’s dream destination. Its astonishing tides have shaped the island, leaving rugged coastlines, hidden white bays and beautiful coves to explore. This trip offers the opportunity to explore the best swimming spots Jersey has to offer, at a relaxed pace. Swims are short and sweet, and the aim of the weekend is to relax and enjoy Jersey’s best spots, rather than cranking out huge swim distances.
Not only do these breaks include stunning swims, but (weather pending) we will also take you across to France for dinner one evening - keep your eyes peeled for dolphins on the way.Leave the tide planning to us, and enjoy yourself safe in the knowledge you will be fully supported and covered by the SwimQuest team.
This trip takes place in late September, avoiding the busy summer season. We will complete two swims a day, interspersed with time to enjoy Jersey’s rich heritage.
AT A GLANCE:
- Places available from £860pp
- These trips are ideal for anyone looking for a pampered short break, with a combination of swimming and time to relax
- Daily swimming distance: we will swim between 1 – 4 km a day, broken down into two swims per day (please note distances are flexible and swims will be tailored to the needs of individuals in the group and the tide and weather conditions.)
- Non-swimmers are welcome to join the tour and explore beautiful Jersey
- Maximum group size 12
- Water temperature In September the sea temperatire is around 18oC
- Swimming ability: This location is suitable for swimmers who feel comfortable swimming in open water. You do not need to be a fast swimmer. You should also be happy walking down to bays, and along coastal paths (some swims are 10 mins walk from the cars, although there are optional longer walks to participate in if you wish).
- Three nights accommodation at the beautiful Hotel Cristina (see accommodation tab for details)
- Full swimming itinerary, escorted by swim guides
- Boat trip across to France for one evening meal
- Transport on the island
- Airport transfers
- SwimQuest dry bag and swim cap
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Wetsuits and fins (if required)
- Lunches and evening meals (this allows us to explore some of Jersey’s restaurants and lovely cafe spots)
- Single room supplement (see accommodation tab for details and room upgrade options)
Our tour is based at the friendly award-winning Hotel Cristina, located above the bay of St. Aubin and has stunning panoramic views of the surrounding area.
One of the few hotels in St Lawrence, the Hotel Cristina is an excellent central base from which to explore both east and west - meaning we can swim whatever the weather throws at us. Sit back and enjoy the surroundings, fabulous views over the gardens, the pool and the entire bay of St Aubin and let the SwimQuest team look after you.
The beach is close by. You can take the footpath down to the main road and cross MiIlbrook Park, this will bring you out to the beach.
Room options & supplementsOn this trip rooms are available as twin or double share. If you would like to take a sole use room, the single supplement is £200. Please let us know when booking which room type you would like.
itineraryThese short-breaks are an ideal way to discover the best swim spots Jersey has to offer. Please note, this itinerary provides an example of the types of swims we would complete; as Jersey is extremely tidal, all swims will be planned taking into account tides and weather conditions and as such this itinerary is likely to change.
FRIDAYThere will be an airport transfer at 1pm, and the tour will begin at 2pm, when on arrival at Hotel Cristina, we will gather for a safety briefing before heading to Greve de Lecq for a swim in this popular golden bay (1-2km). Discover a miniature private beach and the beautiful Octopus Pools.
SATURDAYFollowing breakfast, we will drive to Portelet bay to swim around Janvirin’s Tomb. We will enjoy lunch in a local cafe before driving to our next stunning swim spot at Beauport. After walking down to Beauport Bay, we will swim out, round the headland and into St Brelade’s Bay before returning to L’Hopital to get changed ready for dinner in France!
SUNDAYThis morning we will swim from the iconic red and white tower at Archirondel back to the L’Hopital slipway. After a well deserved lunch, we will head to Bouley Bay to swim from Fort Leicester to L’Etacquerel Fort and back again, before heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.
MONDAYWe will get up early on the final morning and head down to Belcroute Bay for a sunrise swim. After the swim, we will enjoy a well-deserved breakfast, followed by departures. Checkout is at 10am.
GETTING THEREThe tour officially starts at 2pm on Friday, with a welcome briefing and a short swim. Please let us know your arrival and departure times once you have booked your flights and we can arrange transfers accordingly.
BY AIRGuests are advised to fly to Jersey airport. Flights are available from major UK airports throughout the day with EasyJet, British Airways and Fly Be. We recommend searching for your flights via skyscanner.net to find the best deal. Once you have booked your flights, please let the office know your flight details and we will arrange an aiport pick up for you.
BY SEACondor ferries operate regular ferries from Poole Harbour (4 hours) and from Portsmouth (8 hours). Visit condorferries.co.uk for times and prices. If you wish to travel by ferry, you may arrive later in the evening on the Friday. This is not a problem, please just let us know when you plan to arrive and we can brief / meet you after the Friday evening swim.
CHECKOUTCheckout is at 10am on Monday morning.
READY TO BOOK?
We’re excited about meeting you on tour. To book your swimming holiday, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Charlotte (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements. A deposit of 30% is required to secure your place, and the final payment is due 8 weeks prior to departure.
In booking with us, you accept our terms and conditions, which can be found here. If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
Charlotte Benton | +44 7743 233803 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alice Todd | +44 7825 301443 | email@example.com
PAYMENTPayments can be made by debit / credit card, by cheque, or by bank transfer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSIn booking with us, you accept our terms and conditions, which can be found here.
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP BOOKING?If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us
- Charlotte Benton | +44 7743 233803 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alice Todd | +44 7825 301443 | email@example.com