This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we will process the personally identifying information (‘Personal Data’) that we collect and receive from our customers and users of our website (www.swimquest.uk.com) (“the website”) and customers who purchase SwimQuest Holidays, Skills Sessions, attend our events or subscribe to our newsletters.
Our privacy commitments
- We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes that we explain here below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
- We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
- For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
We collect the following Personal data from or about you as a SwimQuest customer:
- Personal Data Collected directly from you through the booking process: your name, phone number, postal address, email address, DOB, dietary requirements, swim speed and any relevant information about pre existing medical conditions which may affect your SwimQuest Holiday or swimming experience. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the provision to you of the services purchased by you.
- We will usually send you a confirmation of your booking via email, unless you have asked us specifically to post the confirmation to you. It is not uncommon for us to want to speak to you in person over the phone about your booking so we can ensure you are booked on the right trip for you.
- You will receive e-mail newsletters from us every one to two months containing information about new trips, special offers, late availability etc, unless you tick our opt out box on your booking form. You can opt out at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
- We will send a group email to all guests on a tour to introduce them to each other approximately 4 weeks before the departure. To opt out of this, please email email@example.com.
- Personal Data Collected Automatically from the use by you of the website. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to be able to operate the website and provide you with access to the pages you wish to access.
We use your Personal Data:
- For the administration of your purchases and our trips and events and to contact you about your purchase (for example with details about your holiday and your attendance).
- To contact you with marketing messages which you have requested or agreed to receive from us (for example via a branded newsletter);
- To contact you with surveys and feedback requests (for example relating to a holiday you experienced);
- To analyse the purchase history of our customers and the way our customers use the website
Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, places cookies on your computer to enable Google to provide us with activity reports relating to the website. Google uses this data only to provide us with information on how users use the Sites and does not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. The information generated by Google cookies about your use of the platform (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. You may refuse these cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
SwimQuest will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the website, provide our services to you and administer your holidays or attendance at a SwimQuest organised event.
We will share your Personal Data with social media sites to enable them to provide marketing messages that you have agreed to receive from them. The social media sites we share your Personal Data with as at the date of this Privacy Notice and their respective privacy statements are:
- Facebook,. https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Twitter https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Instagram https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS
We receive the following Personal Data about you if you follow one of our social media accounts: Your account name, gender, general interests, location, age. Our legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest in providing social media and marketing content that is of interest to our followers on social media.
We use this Personal Data:
- to provide bespoke social media content (for example by analysing your general interests);
- to create targeted advertising across all our social media channels (for example by analysing responses to posts and existing advertisements);
- to find out more about our digital community (for example by analysing the age ranges of our followers).
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf. The processors we use currently are the following:
- CRM Tool: Mailchimp,. https://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/management/about-mailchimp-the-eu-swiss-privacy-shield-and-the-gdpr
- Cloud Storage:
- Google Drive, https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance/eu-data-protection/
- Microsoft Exchange,https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-GB/privacystatement
- Dropbox,. https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/data-transfers-europe-us
Social Media Platforms:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Twitter https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Instagram https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- Web Management Tools:
- WordPress, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.squarespace.com/privacy/
- Google Analytics, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
International Data Transfers
We use data processors located outside the European Economic Area only after taking such steps as are required to ensure that Personal Data they process on our behalf receives protection equivalent to that provided in the EEA. Our processors are either certified as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework where they are located in the USA or have entered into an agreement with us containing the model clauses approved by the European Commission as providing contractual protection equivalent to that provided by the data protection regulations applicable in the EEA. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
- We maintain technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data, and to guard it against accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
- Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised SwimQuest employees.
- We regularly review our security systems to ensure that your Personal Data remains safe and secure.
Duration of Storage
- We will maintain records of your Personal Data for as long as you remain:
- a registered subscriber to our mailing list;
- have completed a purchase with SwimQuest in the last 5 years; or
- for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
- You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at an time by following the link in the footer of the last email you received from one of our brands (“Update your subscription preferences” or “Unsubscribe”) or by sending your request with detailed instructions to our customer services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to update and correct the personal information on your account. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
- You can contact us with questions about the personal information we hold about you using the contact details information at swimquest.uk.com/contact.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our business. All such changes will be posted to the website and if we consider it to be appropriate we will notify subscribers of any material changes by e-mail.
SwimQuest Limited is the Data Controller in respect of any Personal Data that you submit to us or that we collect from or about you. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered no. 08029534) with registered offices at 6/51 Cavendish Road, Clapham, London, SW12 0BL
If you would like to know what information we hold about you or if you have any other queries or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, or our website, our contact details are as follows:
- SwimQuest Ltd, 6/51 Cavendish Road, Clapham, London, SW120BL
- 0208 675 6608