2021 Dates: 6-8 August
a gentle introduction to the magic of slovenia, with postcard perfect green lakes, spectacular mountain peaks, emerald waters and starlit wanders ...
We are delighted to bring you this wonderful, mini break to the St Julian Alps in Slovenia. Brand new for 2020, this weekend provides the perfect relaxing getaway. Escape to postcard-perfect blue green lakes, surrounded by mountain peaks, and let us look after you. This weekend starts on a Friday evening, and finishes on a Sunday evening. Swims are gentle (2km maximum) and all ages and swim speeds are welcome. Swim to Lake Bled’s island before lunch, explore beautiful Lake Bohinj and wander through the pine forest before heading back to our cosy accommodation, nestled above Lake Bohinj. Transfers are included, so all you need to do is book flights and let us know when you will arrive!
- Duration: Friday evening to Sunday evening (see GETTING THERE tab for flight suggestions and transfer information)
- Water temperature: 22-26˚C
- Daily swimming distance: Distances will be around the 1.5-2km mark, and we will complete a maximum of 4km / day - split between two swims.
- Swimming ability: You should be comfortable swimming up to 1.5km in a pool or in open water, however speed doesn’t matter. This trip is about experiencing this stunning part of the world, rather than cracking out huge distances.
- Are non-swimmers welcome? Non swimming partners are welcome to join the tour and make the most of the spectacular scenery. For safety reasons non swimming partners may not be able to join the safety boats.
- 2 nights accommodation at the newly opened Chalet Hotel Lajnar sitting above Lake Bohinj (see accommodation tab for details)
- Breakfasts and evening meals
- SwimQuest guide/s and local guide/s
- A full swimming itinerary with safety cover
- Group guided walks in the local area, including a moon-lit hike
- Return transfers from Ljubljana airport
- All transport to and from swims
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Purchase of any alcohol
- Wetsuits and fins (if required)
- Single supplement of £100 if you would like a room of your own
ACCOMMODATIONWe will be staying at the beautiful Chalet Hotel Lajnar, newly opened in 2020. Nestled above lake Bohinj, the chalet is surrounded by peace and quiet, and lush greenery. Free Wi-Fi and parking are available. All rooms are fitted with satellite TV and a private bathroom with a shower or bath. Please note, as this is a brand new hotel - we only have winter imagery available! We hope it won’t be snowing in August!
Address: Zgornja Sorica 21, 4299 Sorica
ITINERARYThese short-breaks are an ideal way to make the most of an August weekend. Please note, this itinerary provides an example of the types of swims we would complete, the itinerary will be based on the weather conditions and your ability. Transfers from Ljubljana airport are included in your trip price to ensure we can make the most of this short break.
FRIDAYWe will pick you up Ljubljana airport and take your to the Chalet Hotel, where you can rest until the evening meal and safety briefing. After dinner, we will host an optional starlit walk through the forest.
Today we will travel to Lake Bled, and complete our first swim, a swim to the iconic Bled Island. After lunch, we will travel to the Sava River, and take a walk along the banks before enjoying a gentle dip. Back at the hotel, we will have time for a quick shower and change before dinner.
This morning we will get up early for breakfast before drving to Lake Bohinj. Enjoy a guided swim in Bohinj, before lunch with beautiful views, at the Vogel Mountain Hut. In the afternoon, we will enjoy a second swim in the lake before tranferring back to the hotel for showers, and then onward to the airport to catchh your return flights home.
fly to ljubljanaLjubljana Airport is the nearest airport to our hotel (approximately a 45 minute drive). Slovenia’s neighbouring countries also have airports nearby. Trieste airport in Italy is a 2 hour drive, Zagreb in Croatia is a 2 hour 30 min drive, and the Austrian airports of Graz (2 hour 30 min drive) and Klagenfurt (1 hour 40 min drive) are also possible airport options. This trip is based on guests arriving later Friday afternoon / early evening, and departing Sunday night; however if you find alternative flight options and would like to book extra nights’ accommodation with us, we can certainly help you with that.
TRANSFERS INCLUDEDTransfers to (Friday) and from (Sunday) Ljubljana Airport are included in your trip price for this swimming short break, to ensure you can make the most of your weekend. Simply book your flights and let us look after you from there!
hotel lajnarIf you are driving or prefer to make your own way, please find the Chalet Hotel address below:
ADDRESS: ZGORNJA SORICA 21, 4299 SORICA
READY TO BOOK?We’re excited about meeting you in Slovenia. To book your swimming holiday, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Charlotte (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements. A deposit of 30% is required to secure your place, and the final payment is due 8 weeks prior to departure.
PAYMENTPayments can be made by debit / credit card, by cheque, or by bank transfer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSIn booking with us, you accept our terms and conditions, which can be found here.
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP BOOKING?If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us
- Charlotte Benton | +44 7743 233803 | email@example.com
- Alice Todd | +44 7825 301443 | firstname.lastname@example.org