2023 dates: October 7-13 | October 14 – 20 (PRIVATE GROUP)
Price: from £1,490pp
Discover the turquoise coastline of Kaş: little villages and picturesque harbours set against A brilliant blue.Many SwimQuest regulars have been asking us to set up a tour in Turkey for a long time! As such, we are delighted to be able to launch a brand new SwimQuest Turkey trip, taking in some of the best swimming this turquoise coastline has to offer. On this trip, we will stay in the beautiful seafront hotel Aqua Princess, the perfect launch spot for a week full of SwimQuest adventures. This location provides a range of distances, from gentle bay and coastal swims to deep blue crossings. The trip is ideal for swimmers who are comfortable swimming 1km+ in open water, speed isn't an issue.
- Price: from £1,490pp
- Two fully escorted swims each day
- Dates: October
- Minimum swimming requirement 1km
- Average daily swimming = 5km / day split between two swims
- Maximum group size: 10
- Approx sea temperature range: 22-24 ̊C
- Non-swimming partners welcome, and non swimmers are welcome to join us on the boat. Places are discounted by 10%. For any other questions, or if you would like to chat to a member of SwimQuest staff about this trip, please contact Alice or Charlotte.
- 6 night's accommodation in the Aqua Princess Hotel based in a double / twin standard room (with side facing sea view) from upgrades available - see ACCOMMODATION tab
- Swimming, assisted by Gulet & additional ROB / kayak where required and always escorted by swim guide/s
- A day trip to see the Sunken City
- Local skipper & cook
- Two SwimQuest guides
- Traditional home-cooked lunches on board the Gulet
- SwimQuest dry bag and swim cap
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Travel to and from the Aqua Princess Hotel (see ‘Getting there’ tab for more information)
- Wetsuits and fins (if required)
- Evening meals
- Single room supplement or room upgrades (see accommodation tab for single supplements and room options)
ABOUT THE AQUA PRINCESS, KAS
With steps leading down to a private beach, Aqua Princess is an ideal launch pad for our week of Turkish swimming adventures. Rooms are air-conditioned and have a private bathroom. There is free wifi by the swimming pool, and lovely views over the Mediterranean and harbour.
ROOM OPTIONSThere are two room types available to book, both of which are en-suite - please indicate your preference on your booking form. If your preference isn’t available, we will be in touch with you to arrange an alternative room. Please note, the price is based on sharing a twin / double room. If you are travelling alone, we will either pair you with a guest of the same sex in a twin room, or you can choose to upgrade to sole use occupancy. Standard Room (with side sea view) £1,690 sole use, or £1,490 double / twin share Sea View Room £1,770 sole use, £1,570 double / twin share
THE ITINERARYN.B. Please note, this is a rough guide to the week. We will adapt the week carefully for each individual and the prevailing weather and conditions. All swim activities are planned with safety as the paramount concern. Swim distances are adaptable and we can deal with a mixture of abilities on this tour.
SaturDAYAs most flights arrive late in the evening, the guides will introduce themselves and ensure you have checked into your rooms before letting you get some rest ahead of Sunday morning's breakfast, briefing and first swim.
SunDAYThis morning we will meet for breakfast and the safety briefing, before heading to the local bay for our first acclimatisation swim. After lunch, we will walk to the bay on the peninsula for a slightly longer swim and some underwater video coaching. In the evening, we will enjoy dinner on the terrace with a chance to get to know each other a little better!
MOndayToday we meet our lovely local boat pilot for the week, Ufuk - who will be looking after us along with his wife and showing us some of the best swimming this area has to offer. In the morning we will board and complete a stunning coastal swim, before lunch on board. In the afternoon, we will make our first inter island crossing before returning to the hotel for showers and chill time.
TUESDAYThis morning we are up and off for our first exciting swim - from Greece to Turkey! We will start in Meis and swim back to the archipelago - ready for a well deserved lunch. In the afternoon, we will enjoy some time at leisure, or optional stroke coaching in the hotel pool / bay for those who are keen.
WEDNEsdayToday we enjoy an early breakfast before jumping on board a minibus and travelling to visit the sunken city. Today our swims are more leisurely, taking in the stunning scenery with short swims off the tripper boat.
THURSDAYAfter breakfast, we are back on the Gulet and head out to enjoy an incredible swim along the peninsula before a relaxed lunch on board. In the afternoon, we will enjoy an inter island crossing before cruising back to the Aqua Princess for drinks and dinner.
FRIDAYThis morning we will enjoy an optional sunrise swim before breakfast and departures.
TRIP START / FINISH TIMES
- Most flights from Dalaman arrive late Saturday evening. We will hold the briefing on the Sunday morning, so you can settle into your rooms after travelling. Head Office will ask for your arrival times pre-tour.
- The trips finishes after an optional sunrise swim and breakfast.
FLIGHTSThe closest airport is Dalaman (2 hour transfer) or you may wish to consider Antalya (3 hour transfer).
Dalaman airport - Kaş ( one way ) transfer:The transfer prices are as followed and can be booked through our colleagues in Turkey - we will send contact details for this closer to the time:
- Car transfer ( 1 - 3 persons ) : £55
- Small minibus ( 4 - 7 pax ) : £70
- Minibus ( 8 - 16 ) £95
WHAT DO I PACK?
- At least 2 swimming costumes
- Wetsuit (optional) - our Partners at Zone3 offer a wide range of wetsuits, including the eco Yulex natural rubber range HERE and you get 20% OFF all full price Zone3 products with code : SWIMQUEST
- Swim fins (optional, although useful for additional speed and for technique drills if you have some)
- 2 pairs of swim goggles – one clear and one tinted
- Tow float (required) - if you haven’t got one yet, you can find a great range from Swim Secure HERE and receive 15% off with code: 15SwimQuest23
- Small daypack/rucksack to use for your personal equipment/clothing during the day (note you will receive a SwimQuest dry bag)
- Sandals/aqua shoes / flip flops – for getting wet
- Insect repellent
- Fleece or warm jumper
- Sun hat, sun cream and sunglasses
- A waterproof watch (optional)
- A memory stick should you wish to take your video analysis home with you immediately
- Travel insurance details
- Trainers / sports gear (optional)
READY TO BOOK?We’re excited about meeting you on tour. To book your swimming holiday, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Charlie (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements.
Travel InsuranceAs a SwimQuest guest, you are required to have in place travel insurance that covers you for all activities you will be taking part in during your trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully covered for these activities.
Whatever travel policy you decide on, you will need to bring a copy of your current Certificate of Insurance to the safety briefing at the start of your SwimQuest holiday. Your swim Guides will need to take a note of your insurer, policy number and the number to call in case of an emergency claim.
Please note, if you are a UK resident and eligible for free health cover via the NHS, you do not need to take our a travel insurance policy for our UK based trips. You may still wish to take out insurance to cover you for events such as trip cancellation, luggage and personal liability.
World Nomads Travel InsuranceWorld Nomads travel insurance has been designed by travellers for travellers, with coverage for more than 150 activities as well as emergency medical, lost luggage, trip cancellation and more.
World Nomads do not offer cover over 65s, however if you are over 65 and looking for insurance, you may wish to browse some of the below price comparison sites. Please note - we are unable to advise on the suitability of any particular insurance policy.