Unfortunately our 2020 trip has now been cancelled in light of UK Government advice.
2021 dates now on sale: 10-17 April (8 places left)
YOUR MALDIVES SWIMMING HOLIDAYIf you love the sea, The Maldives is probably on your bucket list. If it’s not, it should be. With a relaxed atmosphere, year-round warm water and a kaleidoscope of marine life, in The Maldives you will find yourself swimming over teeming coral reefs, floating over schools of fish, mingling with mantas and soaring with rays. If you’re lucky, you may even bump into a pod of playful dolphins. This is a true ‘bucket list’ swim vacation.
WATCH OUR MALDIVES VIDEO:
ABOUT EMPEROR VOYAGERThis tour has been designed as a live-aboard to give us the best possible access to The Maldive’s incredible atolls. Your home for the week will be the impressive MV Emperor Voyager. At 30m length, you will have plenty of space to rest, relax and socialise. All cabins are ensuite with air conditioning. Upper deck and main deck cabins have large windows giving amazing views to the ocean and islands beyond. Decorated in light wood and contemporary style, the boat has a bar area and comfy sofas, an outdoor dining area, and a large sundeck with loungers for sun bathing, kicking back or sunrise yoga. With a capacity for 20 guests, but a maximum SwimQuest occupancy of 14 guests, we ensure that there is enough space on board to rest, relax and socialise, whether you are a single traveller, couple or group of friends. Click on the ‘accommodation’ tab for more information.
- Duration: 8 days / 7 nights (arrive and depart on the Saturday)
- Sea temperature: approx. 28oC – 32oC
- Daily swimming distance: 1.5km, building up to 4km towards the end of the week (tailored to the ability of each individual)
- Swimming ability: confident swimming in open water
- Are non-swimmers welcome? Yes, Voyager is a spacious live aboard and non-swimming guests can enjoy relaxing and soaking up this incredible part of the world too.
- Accommodation on the liveaboard MV Emperor Voyager
- Full swimming itinerary
- One-to-one swim coaching and video analysis
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) – BBQ dinners on local island as per schedule (weather allowing)
- Afternoon snacks
- Unlimited drinking water, tea and coffee
- Safety boats
- Swim guides
- Snorkling equipment
- Swim feeds and wet boat refreshments
- Transfers to and from Male airport
- Government taxes and bed tax
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Travel to and from Male airport
- On board extras
- Purchase of any alcohol / soft drinks
- Optional scuba dive (trial or qualified dive)
- WiFi (approx. 20 USD for the week, buy on-board)
- Single room supplement if you wish to take a cabin to yourself (see ACCOMMODATION tab for details)
SWIMQUEST LIVEABOARD - MV EMPEROR VoyagerThis tour has been designed as a live-aboard to give us the best possible access to The Maldive’s incredible atolls. Your home for the week will be the impressive MV Emperor Voyager. At 30m length, and with a capacity of 20 passengers (we take only 14 guests) you will have plenty of space to rest, relax and socialise. All cabins are ensuite with air conditioning. Upper deck and main deck cabins have large windows giving amazing views to the ocean and islands beyond. The main deck has a large outdoor sofa relaxing area, a corner bar and a drinks area. There are several sofas and tables inside for relaxing. On the upper deck is a home theatre and comfy sofas. We will dine outdoors on the lounge deck. MV Voyager also has a large sundeck; perfect for drying off, relaxing, or a spot of sunrise yoga.
Why choose Voyager?
- A modern, spacious boat which is not full to capacity, ensuring you have enough space to rest, relax, socialise or just spend some time watching the ocean
- Voyager is joined by a Dhoni and a RIB which serve as our swim safety escort boats. Extensive boat safety cover ensures we can cater for all ability levels.
- A dedicated team of 13 boat staff, who will cook, clean and look after you for the week, along side your SwimQuest guides
- Two knowledgable ocean guides, who can answer any questions about your swims, and the wildlife you’ve seen along the way
- Daily housekeeping, including clean towels on a daily basis
- Room, sun-lounger and boat towels provided
- A varied, delicious menu - with cooked breakfasts, lunches and dinners (dietary requirements catered for - let us know in advance)
- Dine el fresco
- Daily tea and cake!
- Free fresh coffee, tea and hot chocolate station available all week
- Qualified dive guides on board in case you wish to either try a dive or add in a dive to your swim schedule
- Leave your shoes at the door! This is a shoe free week!
- Lower deck room share £2,299pp
- Lower deck room private use £2,999pp
- Main deck or upper deck room share £2,499pp
- Main or upper deck room private use £3,750pp
THE SWIMMINGN.B. There are two planned swims per day based on how you progress during the week. Please realise that what we have detailed below is only a rough guide to the week and that we will adapt the week carefully for each individual and the prevailing weather. All swim activities are planned with safety as the paramount concern. Open water swimming is always governed by tides and weather; so planned swims may need to be changed, depending on the prevailing weather conditions at the time. Swim guides will advise you each day on what is best for you.
Please remember:Swim distances are adaptable and because of our extensive boat cover we can deal with all abilities on this tour, whether you would like to swim 5m or 5km!
sundayIn the morning, the Ships anchor will be lifted and Emperor Voyager will cruise south from North Male Atoll, crossing the short “Vadoo Kandu” channel down to Gulhi in South Male Atoll. After breakfast, we will start with an easy swim within and around a large lagoon reef. Whilst you kick back and enjoy lunch, Emperor Voyager will venture further South to Vaavu Atoll. In the afternoon we will attempt a lagoon-to-lagoon swim.
WednesdayThis morning after breakfast we will swim in a different section of North Meemu Atoll. After lunch we cross back north to Vaavu Atoll’s Western edge for a relaxing swim or time relaxing on one of the many uninhabited islands or sandbanks. Enjoy the sunset with a drink, and dine the night away with a desert island BBQ dinner.
ThursdayTwo swims on the western side of Vaavu Atoll are the order of the day. In the morning we will swim on the outside of the atoll, followed by a more relaxing swim in the afternoon in a large lagoon inside the atoll.
Maldivian Terms: kandu = channel, dhoni = traditional shaped boat used for Fishing, diving and general transportation.
FLY TO MALEGuest are advised to fly to Male airport. Guests arriving at Male Airport on the check-in day will be met by a representative, wearing an Emperor Maldives T-shirt and holding an Emperor Maldives sign. The meeting point is beside the Help Desk. Information about Male Airport: If you do have to wait for one of the transfers on arrival then the airport is reasonably comfortable and has a shop for local SIM cards, a post office, money changer, and a few decent coffee shops / restaurants Inc. Thai Express, Burger King and a New Noodle. On departure you could use the airport hotel 24hr air-con coffee shop with Wi-Fi in the reception area.
TRANSFERS TO THE LIVEABOARDTransfers to and from the liveaboard: Transfers from the airport to the boat run at 11:00, 13:00 and 16:00, and are free of charge. A light sandwich style snack will be provided for lunch on transfer day. Please contact us to discuss options if your flight is either very early or later than the transfer times shown as we may be able to arrange an extra transfer for US $15 paid locally. If you are already in the Maldives you should make your way to the airport for the 16:00 transfer. The boat moors near Male and departs early on the morning following the check-in day.
CHECK OUTCheck out is at 07:00 on the last day of the cruise. Guests will be in the airport by 07:30. For guests continuing their holiday in the Maldives at a resort, hotel or another liveaboard, your on-going transfers need to be arranged by you from the airport. We will not be able to arrange direct transfers from the live-aboard to resorts.
What do I pack?
- At least 2 x swimming costumes
- Lightweight skin suit or rash vest for sun protection
- 2 x pairs of swim goggles – one clear and one tinted
- Small daypack/rucksack to use for your personal equipment/clothing during the day (although you will receive a SwimQuest dry bag)
- Flip flops or similar, suitable for getting wet + for island visits
- Insect repellent (lemon based non-deet repellents are good)
- Fleece or warm jumper
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun hat, sun cream (SPF 50 recommended) and glasses
- Ear plugs
- Snorkel, mask + fins (optional - boat can provide these)
- USB stick for photos / videos (optional)
- Waterproof watch (optional)
- Insurance details (you will need to show these to your guides at the safety briefing)
- Emperor Voyager is a no shoe boat, so shoes/flip flops are only required on arrival and for island visits
- Shower and swim/beach towels will be provided by the boat N.B. Evenings – there is no formal dress order on board, but we would appreciate smart casual clothing for dinner
READY TO BOOK?
We're excited about meeting you in The Maldives! To book your swimming holiday, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Charlotte (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements. A deposit of 30% is required to secure your place, and the final payment is due 8 weeks prior to departure. Payments can be made by card, by cheque, or by bank transfer.
In booking with us, you accept our terms and conditions, which can be found here. If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
Charlotte Benton | +44 7743 233803 | email@example.com
Alice Todd | +44 7825 301443 | firstname.lastname@example.org
As a SwimQuest guest, you are required to have in place travel insurance that covers you for all activities you will be taking part in during your trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully covered for these activities. Whatever travel policy you decide on, you will need to bring a copy of your current Certificate of Insurance to the safety briefing at the start of your SwimQuest holiday. Your Swim Guides will need to take a note of your insurer, policy number and the number to call in case of an emergency claim.