Intensive Technique week WITH TOTAL IMMERSION COACH James Ewart
Includes use of La Santa’s sporting classes and facilities
**Please note this trip is one day longer than our usual trips and runs Saturday – Saturday **
2023 dates: 11 – 18 February 2023
Price: room share from £1,395, sole use room from £2,995 – see accommodation tab for details
the only resort in the world with three 50m swimming pools. Created with the dream of ‘being the world’s best playground for active people’, there are over 30 sports activities which are included in your tour price.Soak up some sun at Club La Santa, Lanzarote, a world-famous sports resort. If you are comfortable swimming 1-2km in a pool, but you are looking to transform your technique, then this is the week for you. On this tour we will be joined by Total Immersion Coach James Ewart, who will help you with your swimming technique. As such, this tour will combine technique sessions in the pool with some lagoon sessions. There will also be time to enjoy some of La Santa's 30+ other spirting activities on offer - enjoy some yoga, hire a bike and explore Lanzarote's dramatic landscape or simply read a book whilst watching the waves. We should emphasise that this week is about refining your technique, not completing huge distances at speed.
about James EwartTotal immersion coach James Ewart is a technique-focussed swim coach, open water enthusiast and video analysis expert. James helps you understand what you should be doing when you are swimming and why. He is also a regular contributor to Outdoor Swimmer magazine. James is a Total Immersion Level 3 swim Coach and an STA Level 2 Open Water Coach.
ABOUT CLUB LA SANTA
- Water temperature: pool – heated / lagoon – 16-17oC
- Daily swimming distance: 2 – 3 km, broken down into two swims per day; (please note this location is flexible and swims will be tailored to the needs of individuals in the group)
- Group size – up to 12 guests
- Age range – 16+ (for family enquiries, please contact the office)
- Swimming ability: This location is suitable for beginners and intermediate swimmers
- Are non-swimmers welcome? Absolutely – non-swimmers are welcome to join the tour and take advantage of Club La Santa’s amazing facilities
- Accommodation at Club La Santa (see accommodation tab for details)
- Swimming itinerary, assisted by safety boats where required and always escorted by swim guide/s
- Swim coaching and video analysis
- Use of Club La Santa's sporting facilities/classes
- SwimQuest dry bag and swim cap
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Travel to and from Club La Santa, Lanzarote (guests are advised to fly into Lanzarote, we can instruct on onward travel arrangements and can help organise a transfer to the Club if you wish)
- Wetsuits and fins (if required)
- Lunches and evening meals
- In some of the sessions we sometimes use Finis Tempo Trainers to help swimmers better understand the metrics of speed. We recommend that you bring one if you can to get the most out of these sessions.
COMFORT apartments (allocated as standard)
|Triple room share (taking one of the twin beds)||£1,750pp|
|Triple room share (taking the sofa bed in the living room)||£1,395pp|
|Twin room share||£1,990pp|
|Sole Use Room||£2,995pp|
APARTMENT UPGRADESShould you wish to upgrade to a sea view apartment or a suite, please contact the SwimQuest office so that they can check pricing and availability with La Santa.
ITINERARYWhat we have detailed below is a guide to the week. This will be adapted according to swimmers needs and the weather. There are two planned swims per day. At the beginning of the week the sessions will be pool based, moving into La Santa’s open water lagoon later in the week. Swim guides will advise you each day on what is best for you, but in all cases the main objective will be to encourage you to achieve your personal goals.
During the week you will learn the importance of:
- Good balance and streamlining to become more efficient through the water;
- easy breathing;
- swimming with your whole body and not just your arms and legs;
- gaining greater propulsion by combining forces and not increasing effort.
SATURDAY 11th February
- Welcome and safety briefing
- Acclimatisation swim in pool - 500 to 1000m easy swim.
- Stroke assessment and getting your feel for the water.
SUNDAY 12th February
- Pool 60 mins technique session
- Balance & stroke timing
- Filming swimmers for video analysis
- Pool 60 mins technique session
- Breath timing / stroke timing
- Breathing skills, how to integrate the breath into your stroke seamlessly
MONDAY 13th February
- Pool technique session and swim set
- Catch clinic
- How to hold water effectively and maximise catch pressure
- 3-4pm Pool technique session
- Arm recovery / stroke timing / using “High Side” energy . Making swimming more effortless.
4.30pm - 6pm Individual video analysis sessions for swimmers with James (Group 1).
TUESDAY 14th February
- 11am-midday Pool technique session
- Introduction to stroke counting. Technique focused swim set designed to help you optimise your stroke length.
- 3-4pm Pool technique and endurance
- Understanding your optimum stroke range. How to use endurance pyramids to build fitness
- 4.30-6pm Individual video analysis sessions for swimmers with James (Group 2).
WEDNEsday 15th February
- 10-11am Pool technique and speed
- Introduction to the tempo trainer
- Tempo trainer set to help you optimise cadence for efficiency and/or speed
- 3-3.30pm Dryland / gym
- Understanding the muscular “sling systems” and how we use them for swimming. Exercises to encourage these muscle groups to work together.
- 4-5pm Lagoon swim
- Swimming straight and sighting skills
THURSDAY 16th February
- 9-10am Pool session
- Speed metrics / tempo trainer session Exploring stroke length and cadence to find the most efficient “gear” for each swimmer.
- Open turns
- Focus on using the core and weight shifting. Combing forces “Coupling Motions” for more power and channelling energy forwards.
- Flip turns
- 3-4pm Lagoon adventure swim
- More open water skills: swimming in groups, deep water starts, buoy turns. Plus the art of drafting.
FRIDAY 17th February
- 8-9am Pool session
- Tempo trainer and technique session
- How to build endurance in the pool without doing long continuous swims. Using the weight shift to make swimming easier.
- Final filming session (video analysis will be sent to you individually when you get home).
- 3-4pm Lagoon swim
- Swimming a set course. Applying new skills in an open water environment. straight line swimming competition.
SATURDAY 18th February
- 7-8am Pool optional swim
- Pre Breakfast swim. Two options: Lane 1 - Easy swim down session. Lane 2 - “Burn Out” session.
GETTING TO CLUB LA SANTA
fly to lanzaroteThere are many flights from the UK, Ireland and Europe directly to Lanzarote. When you are looking to book, some airlines classify Lanzarote as Arrecife or ACE (for the international airport code). We recommend searching on www.skyscanner.co.uk to find the cheapest flights.
travel to club la santaOnce you have landed in Lanzarote, you can get a taxi from outside of the airport for the 30 minute (approx.) journey to Club La Santa.
READY TO BOOK?We’re excited about meeting you in Lanzarote. To book your trip, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Charlie (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements.
In booking with us, you accept our terms and conditions, which can be found here. If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
Charlie Beere | +44 7563 389238 | email@example.comAlice Todd | +44 7825 301443 | firstname.lastname@example.org