Dates: 5-11 October 2019
LEARN TO USE SWIMMING IN ORDER TO LOSE WEIGHT AND BE HAPPY, HEALTHY AND FIT on the BEAUTIFUL island of formentera, with our weight loss and swimming expert nye levett.
OVERVIEWSoak up some late season sun, improve your swimming and learn how to lose weight effectively on our brand new weight loss week in Formentera with our weight loss specialist, and swimming expert Nye Levett, from NL Wellness. Nye has over 10 years experience in helping people lose weight and teaching people to swim. We believe the two often go hand in hand. On this unique week, Nye and the SwimQuest team will closely monitor you, and help you to improve your swimming and put you on a path towards achieving your weight loss goals. This tour will combine pool technique sessions, gentle sea swims, and seminars to ensure you leave feeling refreshed, motivated and with the valuable knowledge you need to move forward on your weight loss journey. Whether you are a complete swimming newbie or a seasoned swimmer - this trip is highly adaptable and suitable for all abilities.
What you can expect:
- A safe, effective, scientific approach to weight loss
- Supportive but no-nonsense guidance
- Professional & personal fitness coaching
- Expert swimming coaching & underwater video analysis
- Informative clear instruction
- High levels of motivation and empathy
- Bespoke swim, nutrition and fitness services tailored to your abilities and goals
IS THIS WEEK FOR ME?This weight loss tour is suitable for all ability levels. If you are at all unsure, we recommend you seek your doctors advice before participating in the week. Because of our small group sizes (max 12), we can ensure that every individual receives one-to-one advice, as well as the opportunity to complete some stunning open water coastal swims. With a combination of video analysis sessions, pool sessions, seminars, and open water coastal swims, this is a varied week resulting in lots of new skills and ideas to take home.
ABOUT NYE LEVETTNye Levett is a personal trainer in Exeter and the head coach at NL Wellness. Nye has over 10 years experience in helping people lose weight and develop their swimming. Nye is passionate about health and wellbeing and helping others stay happy, healthy and fit. NL Wellness was set up after Nye graduated from Exeter University in Sports and Health Science in 2011. Since then, Nye has worked in the Obesity service with the NHS, professional sports teams, and the Royal Marines. Nye’s weight loss approach focuses on losing weight safely, "Without fads. Without ‘diets’. "
ABOUT FORMENTERAFormentera is a small Balearic island just off Ibiza, and home to some of our Technique and Improve weeks. It is well known for its dazzlingly crystal clear waters and long stretches of beach, backed by dunes and pine trees. The island has definitely escaped Ibiza-style development, and instead retains a laid-back, tranquil place. John Coningham-Rolls has a long-standing history with Formentera: his grandparents owned a villa (Can Rolls) in the 50s, and since then John, and now SwimQuest, have maintained a relationship with the island.
Formentera has a magnetic pull for so many of our guests, who return year after year for the ice white sand and and turquoise blue sea. The clarity of the water in Formentera is largely due to the Posidonia sea grass that grows on the sea floor. These under-sea meadows were one of the main reasons Formentera and Ibiza achieved UNESCO World Heritage status in 1999.
Playa des Illetes, a popular swim spot on our trips, also won Trip Advisor’s ‘Best Beach in Europe’ award.
- Price £1,280 based a twin share room (see accommodation tab for single supplements and upgrades)
- Focus on swim technique, and swimming for weight loss, with pool and sea swimming and video analysis
- Minimum swimming requirement - basic (i.e. 100m)
- Average daily swimming - depends on ability, adaptable
- Approx sea temperature range: 23-25 ̊C
- Group size – up to 12 guests
- Age range – 18+
- Are non-swimmers welcome? Absolutely – non-swimmers are welcome to join the tour and enjoy beautiful Formentera.
- Accommodation at the 4* Roca Bella hotel on the beach of Es Pujols (see accommodation tab for details)
- Jam-packed itinerary
- SwimQuest guide and Guest Coach Nye Levett
- Swim coaching and video analysis
- Both one-to-one and group technique sessions
- Transport to and from swim locations on the island
- Transfers from Formentera harbour to Roca Bella
- SwimQuest dry bag and swim cap
WHATS NOT INCLUDED?
- Travel to and from Formentera harbour (guests are advised to fly into Ibiza, take a short taxi ride to Ibiza harbour and board one of the half hourly boats to Formentera - we will pick you up from Formentera harbour).
- Wetsuits and fins (optional)
- Evening meals
- Single room supplement (see accommodation tab for details)
HOTEL ROCA BELLAOn this tour, you will stay in the friendly Hotel Roca Bella, situated on the beach of Es Pujols, moments away from crystal waters and Pujols town. Rooms are based on a twin share basis. If you wish, you can choose sole occupancy, subject to availability.
STANDARD TWIN ROOM (SHARING PLACE)£1,280pp - standard rooms are simple but comfortable. They all have a terrace and sea view. There is the possibility to rent a fridge or to add a cot (to pay directly at the reception).
STANDARD TWIN ROOM (SOLE OCCUPANCY)£250 supplement - if you would like your own private standard room, a sole occupancy supplement of £250 will be added to your booking.
SUPERIOR ROOM UPGRADE£200 supplement - upgrade your booking to a superior room for an extra £200 (Please note this applies to sole occupancy places or double shares only - these rooms do not offer a twin share set up). Superior Rooms are located in the newer building of the hotel and are recently renovated. All have a terrace with a sea view.
THE ITINERARYThere are two planned swims per day based on how you progress during the week. Most days will also involve at least one seminar, video feedback session or land based session. Please realise that the below is a very rough guide and that we will adapt the week carefully for each individual. Swim guides will advise you each day on what is best for you, but in all cases the main objective will be to encourage you to achieve your personal goals. You’re likely to surprise yourself!
- Arrivals from 4pm
- Welcome & safety briefing
- Swim & film: acclimatisation swim & stroke filming
- Seminar: Nye Levett - background, Welcome and Weight Loss Approach
- Swim: Gentle bay swim
- Seminar: Video analysis feedback
- Swim: Sunrise swim
- Seminar: Psychology, hormones and Sleep for Weight Loss
- Swim: Pool Session - how to plan your own pool sessions at home for effective weight loss
- Swim: Coastal swim at the award-winning beach Play Des Illetes
- Seminar: Sports Nutrition and Swimming - a personalised nutrition education for your goals
- Swim: one to one swim technique sessions
- Swim: Headland swim at Es Pujols
- Land based skills: Nye shows us how to use land based exercise which will compliment your swimming and help achieve effective weight loss
- Swim: Gentle swim around Can Rolls rock
- Swim: Coastal technique based swim session
- Seminar: Creating your personalised weight loss plan of attack for the next 4 months
- Swim: Coastal swim past Illa des Fonoll Mari
- Swim: Sunrise swim
- Departures (check out is 10am)
TRAVEL TO FORMENTERA
FLY TO IBIZAFly to Ibiza and then jump in a taxi from the airport to Ibiza harbour to get the ferry to Formentera (please budget approx. €15-20 for this taxi journey.) Taxis are regular just outside the airport. Tell the taxi driver you are going to get a ferry to Formentera and he / she will drop you off by the Formentera ticket kiosks. For the cheapest flight options, have a look at www.skyscanner.co.uk. If you would prefer to arrive a day early, we would recommend the cheap but friendly and comfortable Hotel del Puerto in Ibiza town, close to the ferry port.
FERRY FROM IBIZA TO FORMENTERAThere are a number of ferry companies offering a regular service (approx. every 30 minutes) from Ibiza to Formentera and back. Trasmappi, Balearia and Mediterranea–Pitiusa are popular options, cost the same and take the same amount of time (approx. 30 minute crossing). There is no need to buy a ticket in advance. Hint – when you buy a return ticket, it is worth checking that your return ferry journey allows you sufficient time to get to the airport, as you cannot transfer your ticket to another ferry provider and will have to purchase an additional single fare.
AN EXTRA NIGHT IN IBIZA TOWN?
RECOMMENDED IN IBIZA TOWN:Hotel Apartamentos el Puerto in Ibiza town is friendly and comfortable, and just a 2 minute walk from the ferry port should you need to arrive a day early / leave a day later. Please feel free to book a room through Lourdes in their reservations team. Tell them you are bookng through SwimQuest and you can claim a 10% discount.
HOTEL CONTACT:CALLE CARLOS III, Nº 24. 07800 IBIZA // Contact number: 971.313812 FAX.971.317452 // E-mail: Lourdes at: firstname.lastname@example.org // Website: www.ibizaelpuerto.com
WHAT DO I PACK?
- At least two Swimming costumes
- Wetsuit - optional*
- Two Pairs of swim goggles – ideally one clear and one tinted
- Towel(s) although the hotel provide bath towels for in-hotel use
- Small daypack/rucksack to use for your personal equipment/clothing during the day (you will receive a 10L SwimQuest dry bag you can use for this purpose if you wish)
- Sandals/aqua shoes/flip flops – for getting wet
- Insect repellent & bite relief
- Fleece or warm jumper, tracksuit trousers/sweat pants
- Sun hat, sun cream and glasses
- Travel insurance
WETSUITS*Anyone that requires a swim specific wetsuit, can hire or buy ta swim wetsuit from www.mywetsuithire.co.uk. Please feel free to call mywetsuit hire and let them know you’re coming on a SwimQuest, they will be happy to advise you. If you do hire a wetsuit, please allow sufficient time for at least 3-4 swims to acclimatise to wearing the suit. Feel free to contact the office if you have any queries.
MAILSPORTS - GET 10% OFF WITH SWIMQUESTSwimQuest guests can claim 10% off any purchases made through our shop partner Mailsports. SwimQuest vests, towels, hoodies and t-shirts are also available to order. Simply insert code QUEST10 at Mailsports' checkout. Click here to shop now.
READY TO BOOK?We're excited about meeting you on tour. To book your swimming holiday, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Charlotte (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements. A deposit of 30% is required to secure your place, and the final payment is due 8 weeks prior to departure. Payments can be made by debit / credit card, by cheque, or by bank transfer. SwimQuest is a proud member of the Travel Trust Association, the only travel network in the UK to guarantee 100% financial protection to the consumer, ensuring total consumer confidence.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSIn booking with us, you accept our terms and conditions, which can be found here. If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
Charlotte Benton | +44 7743 233803 | email@example.com
Alice Todd | +44 7825 301443 | firstname.lastname@example.org