Dates: 29 July – 4 August 2023
Price: from £950 (child) from £1,550 (adult)
SWIM WITH TURTLES, SAIL ON BOARD A TRADITIONAL TURKISH GULET, TAKE A TRIP TO A SUNKEN CITY AND MAKE MEMORIES TO LAST A LIFETIME ...
ABOUT OUR FAMILY WEEKSThis trip is designed for parents and their swimming children (aged 10+), with the aim of providing a magical open water experience for the whole family. In order to get the most from these weeks, we advise that children should be competent swimmers (ideally should be able to swim 1km comfortably). They do not necessarily need open water experience if they are comfortable swimming in a pool. This is a fantastic opportunity to spend some quality time together, exploring the world from a unique aquatic vantage point. On this trip, we will stay in the beautiful seafront hotel Aqua Princess, the perfect launch spot for a week full of SwimQuest adventures. This location provides a range of distances, from gentle bay and coastal swims to deep blue crossings.
- Price: from £950 per child and £1,550 per adult (see ACCOMMODATION tab for details)
- Two fully escorted swims each day
- Minimum swimming requirement 1km
- Average daily swimming = 3-5km / day split between two swims
- Maximum group size: 14
- Approx sea temperature range: 24-26 ̊C
- Non-swimming partners welcome, and non swimmers are welcome to join us on the boat. Places are discounted by 10%. For any other questions, or if you would like to chat to a member of SwimQuest staff about this trip, please contact Alice or Charlotte.
- 6 night's accommodation in the Aqua Princess Hotel based in a double / twin / family standard room (with side facing sea view) upgrades available - see ACCOMMODATION tab
- Swimming, assisted by Gulet & additional RIB / kayak where required and always escorted by swim guide/s, plus snorkelling opportunities
- A day trip to see the Sunken City, with snorkelling opportunities
- Local skipper & cook
- Two SwimQuest guides
- Traditional home-cooked lunches on board the Gulet
- SwimQuest dry bag and swim cap
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Travel to and from the Aqua Princess Hotel (see ‘Getting there’ tab for more information)
- Wetsuits and fins (if required)
- Evening meals
- Alcohol / additional drinks
- Room supplements or room upgrades (see accommodation tab for single supplements and room options)
ABOUT THE AQUA PRINCESS, KAS
With steps leading down to a private beach, Aqua Princess is an ideal launch pad for our week of Turkish swimming adventures. Rooms are air-conditioned and have a private bathroom. There is free wifi by the swimming pool, and lovely views over the Mediterranean and harbour.
There are three room types available to book, all of which are en-suite - please indicate your preference on your booking form. If your preference isn’t available, we will be in touch with you to arrange an alternative room/s.
Standard Room (with side sea view)
- £1,550pp double / twin share (adult)
- £1,150 double / twin share (child)
- £1,750 sole use (adult)
- £1,550 sole use (child)
Sea View Room
- £1,750pp double / twin share (adult)
- £1,350 double / twin share (child)
- £1,950 sole use (adult)
- £1,750 sole use (child)
Triple Share Family Room
- £1,750pp (adult)
- £950 (child)
HE ITINERARYN.B. Please note, this is a rough guide to the week. We will adapt the week carefully for each individual and the prevailing weather and conditions. All swim activities are planned with safety as the paramount concern. Swim distances are adaptable and we can deal with a mixture of abilities on this tour.
SATURDAYOnce you arrive at the hotel after your transfer, the guides will introduce themselves and show you to your rooms - leaving time to settle in before our welcome meeting and briefing. We will head down to the Hotel Sea Lido for our first dip as a group and a chance to get used to the water in a safe environment before we venture out further afield.
SUNDAYThis morning we will walk to Cinar Beach where we will swim as a pod with some 'pod swimming' tips from the guides, complete some video analysis for anyone looking to improve their stroke before enjoying lunch in a local cafe. After lunch, we will venture beyond the swim zone and complete our first coastal swim. In the evening, we will enjoy dinner on the terrace with a chance to get to know each other a little better!
MONDAYToday we meet our lovely local boat pilot for the week, Ufuk - who will be looking after us along with his wife and showing us some of the best swimming this area has to offer. Jump on board the Gulet and swing your feet over the side as the boat sails towards our first adventure swim spot in Limanza Bay. keep a look out for the ancient Lycian burial chambers hewn into the rocks that overlook the bay. In the afternoon, we will make our first inter island crossing before returning to the hotel for showers and a swimming themed quiz.
TUESDAYThis morning we are up and off for a fantastic day of swimming alongside the Gulet! Watch out for turtles as we explore this stunning area of coastline. Hop back on board for freshly caught fish and some down time, or enjoy some play time in the water jumping off the boat platform, before a coastal swim in the afternoon.
WEDNESDAYToday we enjoy an early breakfast before jumping on board a minibus and travelling to visit the sunken city. Today is an opportunity for some leisurely dips or snorkelling.
THURSDAYAfter breakfast, we are back on the Gulet and heading out for our final day of swimming. Today we motor towards the Seven Islands for incredible inter-island and circumnavigation swims around the Heybeli, Bayrak, Kovan, and Kovanali.
FRIDAYThis morning we will enjoy an optional sunrise swim before breakfast and departures.
GETTING THEREThe easiest method of travel is to fly into Dalaman airport and then book a transfer to the Aqua Princess Hotel.
FLIGHTS TO DALAMANThis trip runs from a Saturday to a Friday. We ask that you arrive at around 2pm on Saturday, however if you need to arrive later than this, just let us know. The transfers can be booked through our colleagues in Turkey, and are approximately £70 one way for 1-3 pax (sharing transport is possible). You will be sent details of how to book on your welcome email, and we will introduce you to other members of the group so you can travel together if you wish.
WHAT DO I PACK?
- At least 2 swimming costumes
- Wetsuit (optional)
- Swim fins (optional, although useful for additional speed and for technique drills if you have some)
- 2 pairs of swim goggles – one clear and one tinted
- Tow float (required) - if you haven’t got one yet, you can find a great range from Swim Secure HERE and receive 15% off with code: 15SwimQuest23
- Small daypack/rucksack to use for your personal equipment/clothing during the day (note you will receive a SwimQuest dry bag)
- Sandals/aqua shoes / flip flops – for getting wet
- Insect repellent
- Fleece or warm jumper
- Sun hat, sun cream and sunglasses
- A waterproof watch (optional)
- A memory stick should you wish to take your video analysis home with you immediately
- Travel insurance details
- Trainers / sports gear (optional)
READY TO BOOK?We’re excited about meeting you on tour. To book your swimming holiday, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Charlie (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements.
TRAVEL INSURANCEAs a SwimQuest guest, you are required to have in place travel insurance that covers you for all activities you will be taking part in during your trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully covered for these activities. Whatever travel policy you decide on, you will need to bring a copy of your current Certificate of Insurance to the safety briefing at the start of your SwimQuest holiday. Your Swim Guides will need to take a note of your insurer, policy number and the number to call in case of an emergency claim.