THE SWIMQUEST SECRET RACE IS HERE. WE’VE ALWAYS SAID THAT AT SWIMQUEST, OPEN WATER SWIMMING ISN’T ABOUT COMPETING AGAINST OTHER PEOPLE. IT’S ABOUT ENJOYING NATURE AT YOUR OWN PACE, UNDER YOUR OWN STEAM, AND (SOMETIMES) CHALLENGING YOURSELF A LITTLE. AS SUCH, OUR VIRTUAL EVENT IS A BIT DIFFERENT …
THE SWIMQUEST SECRET RACE
We know many of you have missed your open water swimming events and trips over the past few months. Although we are hoping we will be in full swing again in September 2020 (check out our trips on sale here) … in the meantime – we have a special SwimQuest event for you!
The SwimQuest Secret Race is exactly what it says on the tin. Once you have entered and answered a few questions, we will be in touch with you to reveal your ‘secret’ challenge. Your challenge is between you and us, and will be bespoke to your ability and current access to water. If you have access to water at the moment … that’s great. If not, never fear! You can still enter and we will still set you a suitable challenge …
£30 per person entry, which includes:
- Your very own, unique “secret” SwimQuest challenge, which will be revealed to you after you have entered, based on your swimming experience, ability and current open water access (if any).
- A wonderful, unique “SwimQuest Secret Race” medal, which happens to be a stunning bespoke piece of art, designed and created by Cornwall based artist (and SwimQuest Guest!) Mark Richards. You can read more about these limited edition artworks and Mark’s art below.
- A SwimQuest Secret Race Certificate
- Help and advice on completing your challenge (if you need it).
HOW TO ENTER
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org, with SECRET RACE in the subject, your name, and the answer to the following questions:
- How many times a week can you swim at the moment? (If at all!)
- Where can you swim? (If you can’t that’s fine!)
- How far are you comfortable swimming in one go?
- If you can’t swim at the moment, let us know about some of your other interests (e.g. baking, art, cooking, music, writing … ) to help us with our challenge planning.
Once we have received your email, Charlie will be in touch with a link to pay your £30, following which – we will issue you your SwimQuest Secret Race instructions.
Once you have completed your challenge, please get back in touch with us – include a photo of you completing your challenge if you can – and we will post your Secret Race medal.
Don’t forget to post your pictures on social media with the #swimquestsecretrace !
Entries close 30 September 2020. Medal applications must be made by 31 October 2020.
Exciting isn’t it?!
Any questions, just ask.
“My creations are conceived from a lifetime’s love and obsession for the ocean and its waves.
I select beautiful hardwoods sourced locally in Cornwall to create unique and beautiful wave art and speciality objects. Every piece of wave art is crafted to work with the contours and figures in the selected hardwood, so each is one of a kind. They are designed to evoke the freedom and excitement that being in and around the ocean brings to those who love it.”
These limited edition SwimQuest pieces are each unique, and a beautiful addition to any open-water lovers’ home.
Terms and conditions: As this is a virtual race, SwimQuest take no responsibility for your safety when completing any challenge. You must ensure that if you are swimming at an open water venue in order to complete your challenge you are doing so with suitable safety cover and in line with the venue’s guidelines. Medals are subject to availability, and SwimQuest reserve the right to substitute your medal for that of an equal or greater value if necessary. Medals will be posted to you by 30th November 2020 at the latest. You partake in the set challenge at your own risk. Entries must be received by 30 September 2020, and medal applications made by 31 October 2020.