Is this for me? Mathraki is an extremely adaptable location; the collection of islands off the north west coast of Corfu provides a range of distances, from bay swims all the way up to a 10K swim. This location is ideal for individuals looking to escape the hassles of every day life and lose themselves in a more relaxed way of life for a week, with fantastic swimming, food and Greek hospitality. Mathraki provides a unique base from which to explore the surrounding archipelago of uninhabited Diapontia islands and the extraordinary Kravia rock formations.
“I was determined to find a self-contained swim location which enabled swimmers to enjoy the serenity of Mediterranean waters, without the frustrations of transfers to the boat and excessive boat journeys to all swim locations’ says John Coningham-Rolls, Company Director. “Mathraki is unique in that all the swims can be completed from the comfort of the hotel bay – coastal, inter-island and even swims across to Corfu. In over 10 years of guiding and planning tours, I’ve never come across a location which is quite so unspoilt, just like the Greece of 30 years ago. Even better, it is jellyfish-free!”
- Sea temperature: approx. 20 -23 oC
- Daily swimming distance: 2 – 5 km, broken down into 2 swims per day (please note this location is flexible and swims will be tailored to the needs of individuals in the group)
- Swimming ability: this location is suitable for both beginners and more advanced swimmers
- Are non-swimmers welcome? Absolutely – non-swimmers are welcome to join the tour and take advantage of peaceful Mathraki
- Accommodation in beach-side hotel (click to visit website)
- Swimming, assisted by safety boats where required and always escorted by swim guide/s
- Traditional home-cooked lunch
- Safety boats
- Swim guides
What’s not included?
- Travel to and from Mathraki Island (guests are advised to fly into Corfu, we an instruct on onward travel arrangements and can help organise boat transport across to Mathraki)
- Wetsuits and fins (if required)
- Evening meal
- Single room supplement (if you wish to stay in a room on your own)