IS this distance swimming week for me?
This tour is ideal for anyone looking to:
– take their distance swimming to the next level
– find out about feeding, training and crewing for long distance swims
– try longer distances in warm water, with or without a wetsuit
– complete some end of season distance training
Perhaps you have completed your first couple of open water swims and you are feeling inspired or looking for your next step. Our Distance Development week is an introduction to swimming further for longer. This tour takes place in September in Formentera, when the water is warmer than it is for it’s sister tour, our slightly tougher (and colder!) Channel & Distance training weeks. This tour is a great way to get a feel for distance training, without having to battle the cold water.
With a full safety escort and expert advice from the SwimQuest team, you will be able to discover and push your boundaries, speak to likeminded individuals, find out about potential swim events and learn about the training and preparation required for long distance swimming.
Formentera is located off the southern coast of Ibiza in the Mediterranean Sea. You will stay in a private villa, just metres from the sea.
2016 TOUR DATES: sept 17-23 (5 PLACES LEFT)
2017 TOUR DATES: SEPT 30-oCt 6 (10 places) | oct 7-13 (10 places left)
PRICE: £835 | CLICK HERE TO BOOK
– Sea temperature: approx. 20-24oC
– Daily swimming distance: Depending on the needs of each individual, swims will build gradually throughout the week (we work up to a 4 hour swim, although this isn’t suitable for everyone)
– Swimming ability: Designed for individuals interested in long-distance swims
– Are non-swimmers welcome? Yes, non-swimmers are welcome to join the tour and enjoy peaceful Formentera, although they must be aware that the focus of the week will be on swimming and that partners and non-swimming guests may not be able to accompany swimmers on the boat for safety reasons
– Accommodation in Can Rolls villa
– Swimming itinerary (based on distance training)
– Safety boats
– Swim guides
– Transfers to and from Formentera harbour to villa
– Transport on Formentera
– Swim seminars
– Swim cap and SwimQuest dry bag
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
– Travel to and from Formentera (guests are advised to fly into Ibiza, regular ferries run from Ibiza to Formentera, and we can advise on specific arrangements)
– Wetsuits and fins (if required)
– Evening meals
– Single room supplement of £100 (if you wish to stay in a room on your own)