Mathraki is a remote island in Greece and an incredible location for swimming. The Diapontia Islands (off the north west coast of Corfu) provide a range of distances, from bay swims all the way up to a 10km swim.
If you are capable of swimming 3km / hour or above, and are keen to spend a week swimming with a pod of a similar pace, then this is the week for you.
Just like our usual Mathraki weeks, there will still be plenty of time for relaxing, however there will be a focus on slightly longer distance swims at pace. Mathraki provides a fantastic base from which to explore the surrounding archipelago and the extraordinary Kravia rock formations. Expect basic but comfortable accommodation on this quirky island, fantastic swimming, delicious home cooked food, and unbeatable Greek hospitality from our host family.
For any other questions, or if you would like to chat to a member of SwimQuest staff about this speed week, please contact the office.
2017 TOUR DATES:
Speed week May 27 – Jun 2 (10 places left) | Jun 10-16 2017 (3 sharing places left) from £795
For our other Mathraki tour dates, suitable for all abilities, click here.
– Sea temperature: approx. 18 – 23 oC
– Daily swimming distance: 2 – 6 km, broken down into two swims per day
– Swimming ability: This week is tailored to swimmers who are capable of swimming 3km / hour plus.
– Are non-swimmers welcome? Absolutely – non-swimmers are welcome to join the tour and take advantage of peaceful Mathraki, although please note the island is small and remote – so bring a book or three!
– Accommodation in a beach-side hotel (click to visit hotel website)
– Swimming, assisted by safety boats where required and always escorted by swim guide/s
– Traditional home-cooked lunches
– Safety boats
– Swim guides
– SwimQuest dry bag and swim cap
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
– Travel to and from Mathraki Island (guests are advised to fly into Corfu airport, we can instruct on onward travel arrangements and can help organise boat transport across to Mathraki)
– Wetsuits and fins (if required)
– Evening meals
– Single room supplement (£100 for the tour if you wish to stay in a room on your own)
WATCH OUR MATHRAKI VIDEO