WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM A TECHNIQUE WEEK?
Our technique weeks are suitable for all ability levels. These tours really are about working on stroke mechanics, breaking things down, and learning about the most efficient and effective way to swim, rather than cranking out huge distances. We are hugely proud of our fantastic guest coach, Olympic medallist Cassandra Patten.
Our technique tours are ideal for anyone looking to:
– improve the technical competency of their stroke
– improve the speed and efficiency of their front-crawl
– become comfortable swimming in open water
– find out if open water swimming is for them.
We promise that you will leave with a much better knowledge of how to swim efficiently and effectively in open water, and a good idea of how to progress your swimming moving forward.
WHICH TECHNIQUE WEEK SHOULD I CHOOSE?
price: from £815 | may, sept
This tour is ideal for anyone who be slightly nervous of open water, who would like to make an effective transition from pool to sea swimming, or simply someone who is keen to spend a week looking closely at their front crawl open water technique. This tour is based on Formentera Island, just off Ibiza. With crystal clear water and bright white, shallow beaches, it is the perfect place to gradually ease your way from pool to sea. At the end of the week, we will aim to complete an open water swim from Pujols bay, around the headland and into Escullet de Pujols. You’ll be blown away by the improvement you can make in just one week.
MATHRAKI ISLAND, WITH OLYMPIAN CASSIE PATTEN | july
PRICE: from £895
This tour offers the opportunity to combine Cassie’s expert coaching with some slightly longer swims in the afternoon. Expect a morning of technique sessions, followed by swim of up to 3km in the afternoon to give you the chance to put your newly learnt skills into practice. All sessions are completed in the sea.
WHAT’S INCLUDED on a technique tour?
– Accommodation in a beach-side hotel / bungalows
– Swimming, assisted by safety boats where required and always escorted by swim guide/s
– A selection of snacks
– Safety boats
– Swim guides
– Transfers to and from harbour to accommodation
– Transport on Formentera
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
– Travel to and from location
– Wetsuits and fins
– Evening meals
– Single room supplement (if you wish to stay in a room on your own)