Dates: 19-25 May 2018 (6 places left)
OVERVIEWThis is an incredible new trip for 2018. The week has been carefully designed to provide adults with the opportunity to start with the basics, and learn to swim from scratch. You do not need any previous swimming experience to take part. Using both a pool and shallow bays, we will gently intoduce you to both sea and pool swimming. Let our expert coaches introduce you to a whole new world, we just know you are going to love it! This week is ideal for:
- Those with little or no swimming experience
- Those who are nervous of the water, and want to overcome their fear
- Those keen to improve their confidence in water and learn about water safety
- Beginners looking to gain a better understanding of swim technique
ACCOMMODATIONOn this trip we stay in small modern beachside bungalows, in a UNESCO world heritage site. Based off the ice-white Patna de Ses Caynes beach, the rooms have been recently renovated and are fully equipped with air conditioning and hot showers.
ROOM CHOICESYou are welcome to request a twin share room at no extra cost, or, should you wish to reserve a room of your own, you will need to pay a £200 supplement for the week. Simply choose the option on the booking form and you will be invoiced accordingly. Should you choose a twin share, we will pair you up with a guest of the same sex.
MEALS & TECHNIQUE COACHINGOn this trip we will use the beautiful Can Erik Villa as our base for breakfast, lunches and land based seminar sessions. Breakfast and lunches are included in your trip price. If you have any particular dietary requirements, just let us know in advance, we are happy to cater for you. We advise budgeting around €25 per evening for your evening meal, plus any alcohol you may wish to buy.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
We do not provide a day by day itinerary for this special tour, as the sessions will be based on each individual’s experience, confidence and ability.
A typical day will consist of:
- A buffet style breakfast served at the villa and eaten on the terrace
- A one-to-one swim session in a pool, followed by tea and refreshments at the villa
- A relaxed lunch, with a chance to talk over the morning with your guides
- A land based skills session, with video demonstrations and analysis
- A video analysis session, with a chance to watch your swimming back and understand areas for improvement
- An open water skills session, in one of Formentera’s clear, shallow bays
- An opportunity to relax before heading out to dinner with the group
TRAVEL TO FORMENTERA
FLY TO IBIZAFly to Ibiza and then jump in a taxi from the airport to Ibiza harbour to get the ferry to Formentera (please budget approx. €15-20 for this taxi journey.) Taxis are regular just outside the airport. Tell the taxi driver you are going to get a ferry to Formentera and he / she will drop you off by the Formentera ticket kiosks. For the cheapest flight options, have a look at www.skyscanner.co.uk. If you would prefer to arrive a day early, we would recommend the cheap but friendly and comfortable Hotel del Puerto in Ibiza town, close to the ferry port.
FERRY FROM IBIZA TO FORMENTERAThere are a number of ferry companies offering a regular service (approx. every 30 minutes) from Ibiza to Formentera and back. Trasmappi, Balearia and Mediterranea–Pitiusa are popular options, cost the same and take the same amount of time (approx. 30 minute crossing). There is no need to buy a ticket in advance. Hint – when you buy a return ticket, it is worth checking that your return ferry journey allows you sufficient time to get to the airport, as you cannot transfer your ticket to another ferry provider and will have to purchase an additional single fare.
AN EXTRA NIGHT IN IBIZA TOWN?
RECOMMENDED IN IBIZA TOWN:Hotel Apartamentos el Puerto in Ibiza town is friendly and comfortable, and just a 2 minute walk from the ferry port should you need to arrive a day early / leave a day later. Please feel free to book a room through Lourdes in their reservations team. Tell them you are bookng through SwimQuest and you can claim a 10% discount.
HOTEL CONTACT:CALLE CARLOS III, Nº 24. 07800 IBIZA // Contact number: 971.313812 FAX.971.317452 // E-mail: Lourdes at: firstname.lastname@example.org // Website: www.ibizaelpuerto.com
WHAT DO I PACK?
- At least two Swimming costumes
- Wetsuit - we recommend you hire a wetsuit for this trip. Please speak to the office if you need help with this, we are happy to help.
- Two Pairs of swim goggles – ideally one clear and one tinted
- Towel(s) although the hotel provide bath towels for in-hotel use
- Small daypack/rucksack to use for your personal equipment/clothing during the day (you will receive a 10L SwimQuest dry bag you can use for this purpose if you wish)
- Sandals/aqua shoes/flip flops – for getting wet
- Insect repellent & bite relief
- Fleece or warm jumper, tracksuit trousers/sweat pants
- Sun hat, sun cream and glasses
- Travel insurance
MAILSPORTS - GET 10% OFF WITH SWIMQUESTSwimQuest guests can claim 10% off any purchases made through our shop partner Mailsports. SwimQuest vests, towels, hoodies and t-shirts are also available to order. Simply insert code QUEST10 at Mailsports' checkout. Click here to shop now.
READY TO BOOK?We're excited about meeting you on tour. To book your swimming holiday, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Charlotte (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements. A deposit of 30% is required to secure your place, and the final payment is due 8 weeks prior to departure. Payments can be made by debit / credit card, by cheque, or by bank transfer. SwimQuest is a proud member of the Travel Trust Association, the only travel network in the UK to guarantee 100% financial protection to the consumer, ensuring total consumer confidence.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSIn booking with us, you accept our terms and conditions, which can be found here. If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
Charlotte Benton | +44 7743 233803 | email@example.com
Alice Todd | +44 7825 301443 | firstname.lastname@example.org