Dates: September 22-25 2017 (7 places left)
Price: from £650pp
THE BEST OF JERSEYJersey is an open water swimmer’s dream destination. Its astonishing tides have shaped the island, leaving rugged coastlines, hidden white bays and beautiful coves to explore. This trip is a unique opportunity to experience the best swimming Jersey has to offer. Leave the tide planning to us, and enjoy yourself safe in the knowledge you will be fully supported and covered by the SwimQuest team. This tour will take place in September, when sea temperatures are at their warmest (around 18oC), and the busy summer season is over. We will complete two swims a day, interspersed with time to enjoy Jersey’s rich heritage, cosy pubs and cafes and fantastic seafood restaurants.
- Water temperature: approx. 18oC
- Daily swimming distance: 1 – 4 km, broken down into two swims per day; (please note this location is flexible and swims will be tailored to the needs of individuals in the group and the tide and weather conditions)
- Group size – up to 10 guests
- Age range – 16+ (for family enquiries, please contact the office)
- Swimming ability: This location is suitable for swimmers who feel comfortable swimming in open water. You should also be happy walking down to bays, and along coastal paths (some swims are 10 mins walk from the van, although there are optional longer walks to participate in if you wish).
- Are non-swimmers welcome? Absolutely – non-swimmers are welcome to join the tour and explore beautiful Jersey.
- Start and finish times: We aim to meet at 3pm on Friday, and the tour will finish on the Monday morning following a sunrise swim and breakfast (checkout is 10am). If you need to arrive later than 3pm, that’s fine, just let us know.
- Accommodation at the beautiful Hotel Cristina (see accommodation tab for details)
- Full swimming itinerary, assisted by safety boats where required and always escorted by swim guide/s.
- SwimQuest dry bag and swim cap
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Travel to and from Hotel Cristina, Jersey (see ‘Getting There’ tab for travel information)
- Wetsuits and fins (if required)
- Lunches and evening meals (although we will take you to recommended cafes and restaurants)
- Single room supplement (see accommodation tab for details and room upgrade options)
hotel cristinaOur tour is based at the modern, boutique Hotel Cristina, overlooking St Aubin’s bay. Situated high on the hillside in pretty gardens, enjoy sweeping panoramic views all the way to St Aubin’s harbour to the west and St Helier to the east. Expect modern, comfortable accommodation. There are plenty of pubs and restaurants in the area, and the local pub (Mont Felard) is just down the hill.
Room options, supplements and upgradesPlease let us know when booking which room type you would like. Your choice of room is subject to availability and rooms are allocated on a first-come-first served basis.
- Twin / double share £650pp
- Sole occupancy £950pp
SEA VIEW ROOM
- Twin / double share £695pp
- Sole occupancy £995pp
SEA VIEW BALCONY ROOM
- Twin / double share £740pp
- Sole occupancy £1040pp
itineraryN.B. Please realise that what we have detailed below is only a rough guide to the week. Open water swimming is always governed by tides and weather - planned swims may need to be changed, depending on the prevailing weather conditions at the time. Swim guides will advise you each day on the swim routes and conditions.
arrivals FROM 3PM, and acclimatisation swimOn arrival at Hotel Cristina, we will gather for a safety briefing before heading down to Beauport Bay for our first swim. We aim to meet at 3pm, however if you need to arrive later than this, please just let us know. Following the swim, we will return to the hotel, get changed and then take you to a local pub for dinner.
AM Portelet Bay (30min – 1 hour swim) | PM – Greve de Lecq (20 – 30 min swim)Following breakfast, we will drive to picturesque Portelet Bay for our morning swim, taking advantage of the high tide and swimming around Janvrin’s Tomb. In the afternoon, we will drive to Greve de Lecq for a shorter swim in this popular golden bay. After the swim, there will be the chance to complete a coastal walk for anyone who wishes, before dinner.
AM – Ouaisne (20mins – 1 hour swim options) | PM – Plemont Bay (30 min – 1 hour swim)On Sunday morning we will visit Quasne, swimming out to a group of rocks and back (approx. 20-30 mins) or around this beautiful bay (50 mins – 1 hour). We will then drive to Plemont Bay for lunch, followed by our afternoon swim and the chance to explore the caves and waterfall. In the evening we will finish off the day with dinner at a local restaurant.
AM – Bouley Bay sunrise swimWe will get up early on Monday morning and drive to Bouley Bay for a sunrise swim on the incoming tide. Following the swim, we will head back to the hotel for a well-deserved breakfast, followed by departures. Checkout is at 10am.
GETTING THEREWe will meet at Hotel Cristina for 3pm on Friday September 22nd.
Address:Hotel Cristina, Le Mont Felard, St Lawrence, Jersey, JE3 1JA T: +44 (0)1534 758024
BY AIRGuests are advised to fly to Jersey airport. Flights are available from major UK airports throughout the day with EasyJet, British Airways and Fly Be. We recommend searching for your flights via skyscanner.net to find the best deal. SwimQuest can provide a transfer from the airport to Hotel Cristina for £15pp, each way.
BY SEACondor ferries operate regular ferries from Poole Harbour (4 hours) and from Portsmouth (8 hours). Visit condorferries.co.uk for times and prices. If you wish to travel by ferry, you may arrive later in the evening on the Friday. This is not a problem, please just let us know when you plan to arrive and we can brief / meet you after the Friday evening swim.
CHECKOUTHotel Cristina checkout is at 11am.
READY TO BOOK?We’re excited about meeting you on tour. To book your swimming holiday, simply fill in the booking form below. Once you have submitted the form, Charlotte (our bookings co-ordinator) will be in touch to request payment and to help you with any additional requirements. A deposit of 30% is required to secure your place, and the final payment is due 8 weeks prior to departure.
PAYMENTPayments can be made by debit / credit card, by cheque, or by bank transfer. SwimQuest is a proud member of the Travel Trust Association, the only travel network in the UK to guarantee 100% financial protection to the consumer, ensuring total consumer confidence.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSIn booking with us, you accept our terms and conditions, which can be found here.
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP BOOKING?If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us
- Charlotte Benton | +44 7743 233803 | email@example.com
- Alice Todd | +44 7825 301443 | firstname.lastname@example.org